Is Strong free?
Yes and no.
Strong offers a free option, so you can access its basic features without any cost. However, for more advanced features, you'll need to subscribe.
In this brief review, you'll find out:
- What you get in the free and paid versions of Strong
- 5 free alternatives to Strong for weight lifting
- Our #1 alternative to Strong
Strong free vs paid
Strong free: what's included?
The free version of Strong is a solid choice for workout tracking. It includes:
- Custom Exercises
- CSV Export
- Apple Health Integration
- Warm-up Calculator
- Dark Mode
- RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion)
- Progress Charts
- Body Part Measurements
These features make it a comprehensive tool for your fitness journey.
Paid Features: Strong PRO
For those who want more, Strong PRO ups the game. For $4.99 a month ($29.99 a year), you get:
- Unlimited Workout Templates
- Access to All Charts
- Plate Calculator
- Warm Up Calculator
- Custom Icons (iPhone) and Themes
- Additional future features
This premium experience is tailored for those who take their training seriously and seek advanced tracking and customization.
5 free alternatives to Strong for weight lifting
There are quite a few alternatives to Strong when it comes to weight lifting apps. Here are five of the best free options:
Dr. Muscle is the world's first AI personal trainer. With 23+ smart features, it's also the world’s smartest workout app.
It creates workouts unique to you based on your goals, equipment, history, and more. It guides you as you work out.
It also gets you in shape faster with its 23+ smart features. Those work in real time to optimize your training, recovery, and diet. Like a top trainer would.
Now, full disclosure. In 2016, I finished my PhD, gathered a small team, and started building Dr. Muscle. So, I'm biased. Still:
- Dr. Muscle has a free trial and a free plan that remains completely free for as long as you like. You can get in great shape with Dr. Muscle without ever paying a single penny.
- We built Dr. Muscle to be the world’s smartest workout app. With its 23+ smart features, it gets you in shape faster than any other app. Period.
- Unlike other workout apps, Dr. Muscle also helps on the diet side with calories and macro recommendations. You can even get a custom meal plan.
- Dr. Muscle was built for both iPhone and Android from day 1. Some apps are only available on iPhone, or launched their Android app much later.
Perhaps most importantly for this review, Dr. Muscle is free.
You can try it free with all features for 14 days, and it has a free plan that lets you continue working out after your free trial ends.
Ready to put your progress on autopilot? Try Dr. Muscle today—it’s free.
This app is based on the popular StrongLifts 5x5 workout routine and allows you to log your workouts, track your progress, and more. StrongLifts 5x5 is one of the more popular, time-tested workout routine.
It is a simple but effective program that has been used by many people to get stronger and build muscle. Read our full StrongLifts 5×5 app review.
Jefit Workout Tracker
Jefit is a comprehensive workout tracking app that includes a huge database of lifting exercises, as well as the ability to log your workouts and track your progress.
The app also includes a detailed exercise database, as well as the ability to log your workouts and track your progress. Jefit is available for free on iOS and Android.
Read our in-depth review of JEFIT.
Offers over 800 exercises with video instructions, 14 weeks of lessons on exercise and nutrition, and personalized progress metrics. It includes a live community for motivation and support, and the ability to create and share custom workouts. The app is free, with optional paid coaching programs.
Gymaholic Workout Tracker
Gymaholic is another great workout tracking app that includes a wide range of features such as the ability to create custom workouts, track your progress, and more. It’s available for both iPhone and Android.
Freeletics Fitness Workouts
If you’re looking for a bodyweight workout alternative to Fitbod, consider using the app “Freeletics.” We’re throwing it in here as bonus as it’s not a weight lifting app per se.
This app allows you to customize your own workouts based on the amount of time you have, the equipment you have available, and your fitness goals. It has a heavy focus on bodyweight exercises. But you can also choose from a variety of workout styles, including HIIT, bodybuilding-type routines, and more.
Freeletics has a basic free plan. Advanced features are for subscribers only. Read our full review and critique of Freeletics.
Is there a free version of Strong?
Yes, but it's missing some features. Like unlimited workout templates, access to all progress charts, plate and warm-up calculator, and more.
Can you use Strong for free?
Yes. Strong's free version is not just a trial; it's a permanent offer. You can use it indefinitely to track your workouts. You won't be locked out of your data, and you can always access your workout history, regardless of whether you choose to upgrade to Strong PRO.
What is Strong PRO?
Strong offers a free version that covers a broad range of features for fitness enthusiasts. However, for those seeking an enhanced experience, Strong PRO is available at a cost.
How much does Strong cost?
- Monthly Subscription: The monthly cost for Strong PRO is $4.99.
- Annual Subscription: If you prefer an annual subscription, it's priced at $29.99.
These prices provide access to advanced features like unlimited workout templates, detailed charts, and customizations that are not available in the free version.
Best free Strong alternative?
Dr. Muscle stands out as the best free alternative to Strong, particularly for those focused on weight lifting and building muscle. Here's why:
- AI-Powered Personalization: As the world's first AI personal trainer, Dr. Muscle customizes workouts specifically to your goals, equipment, history, and more. This level of personalization is a game-changer in achieving fitness goals efficiently.
- Comprehensive Features: With 23+ smart features, it optimizes not just your training but also your recovery and diet, akin to what a top trainer would offer.
- Free Plan Availability: Dr. Muscle offers a free trial and a free plan that remains completely free for as long as you like, so you can get in great shape without spending a single penny.
- Diet Assistance: Unlike many other workout apps, it also helps with diet by providing calorie and macro recommendations and custom meal plans.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: It’s built for both iPhone and Android from the start, ensuring a seamless experience across different devices.
In summary, Dr. Muscle is a robust, versatile, and accessible option for those seeking a comprehensive fitness app, making it an excellent free alternative to Strong. Try Dr. Muscle today—it's free.